Whenever one dreams of installing granite countertops in their kitchen, they suddenly feel thrilled at the possibility of transforming the room into a space fit for professionals and high-end guests. After all, nothing beats the high quality finish that a carefully chosen piece of granite can breathe inside an enclosed space.
Carefully polished and properly maintained, a granite kitchen counter will bring the smile on your face again after a hard day at work, while enchanting you to step into neutral territory and relax yourself by cooking something delicious for your loved ones.
A well chosen granite structure can give a new personality to your cooking space and can help you realize the change that you have always wanted, but never knew you could give to your home. Building materials Denver wholesalers have come at some pretty good pricing when you are doing the job yourself.
This is why people are not surprised that granite rests at the top of the material preferences for a new kitchen countertop, seeing as it has many advantages, such as:
- Durability – granite countertops are everlasting, just like a undying story of love – they are a lifelong investment and cannot be separated from the cabinets once installed, unless they are practically ripped out, so if you decide on a color, make sure it is something you can never get bored of. However, if you decide to use a meat cleaver on a granite surface, you may be in for an unfortunate surprise, seeing as granite, like any other rock, as hard as it is, can crack under the hits of a hard and sharp object;
- Little or nonexistent value depreciation – seeing as granite is such a unique type of rock, with a natural surface, which gives a serene and optimistic air to your home, the price for this material is less likely to depreciate in the coming years, which is why it is a great investment for someone who wishes to resell the home later;
- Antibacterial properties – granite is a sanitary piece, as it does not allow contamination with different forms of bacteria; this is the reason why this material is so popular in the homes with large families and those who place a great deal of importance on maintaining their health and a proper and clean work environment in the kitchen;
- Easy maintenance, as granite can be easily cleaned with a mild detergent and water;
- Heat resistance, as it was created through a combination of pressure and heat; therefore you do not need to worry about leaving a heated pan on granite, it will not affect the material in any way;
- It comes in a variety of patterns, each of them unique; therefore it may be a good choice if you do not mind something different, but it may pose a problem if you want the same-looking pattern everywhere on your kitchen countertop.
One thing you must keep in mind is that granite can be quite heavy, therefore it is essential to make sure your kitchen cabinets can withstand its weight, even by installing additional structural support, otherwise you may risk damaging them.